Recovering from a cyber attack can be a slow and frustrating process and could have a severe impact of your business both in terms of reputation and profits, and that’s if your data can even be recovered.
Cyber criminals notoriously use highly effective programs to seek out vulnerable, out of date software on websites, which have been identified as easy to infect, regardless of their size.
The majority of the time it will be easy to tell if your site has been affected:
- It will not work at all
- It may redirect to some unintended content
- Parts may be missing or not function properly
Occasionally however, the attack can consist of cloaked malicious code which is undetectable to the human eye. Incidents of this nature can affect your search engine rankings as the content could be interpreted as spam and result in your website being flagged or de-listed.
Spam SEO attacks are also on the rise that target and manipulate a web site’s search engine optimization.
So what security measures can you put in place to help protect your website against cyber crime?
- Choose a knowledgeable web designer to install AND maintain proper protection, with built-in reporting
- As well as providing important protection, the right security software will also provide analytical information to identify possible cyber crime activity and notify you if action needs to be taken.
- Keep your site’s software up to date
Content management systems like WordPress, Drupal or Joomla are built using regularly updated software. As well as introducing new features, the key reason for most updates is to add additional protection to your website from the latest virus or malicious code.
let`s get in touch
Phone: 936 348-0509
Address: 2209 I-45 N, Madisonville TX
Monday — Friday 08:00 – 05:00